Saturday, October 12, 2013

Finally Catching On to the Subway


 Last week my cousin's boys twin boys celebrated their first birthday. I am so in awe of she juggles the two of them with the needs of her six year old too. Somedays I feel ready for baby number three- and other days I want to run in my craft room and slam the door shut on mothering, if only for a wee bit :-)
I've been wanting to try my hand at the Subway art trend I've noticed appearing throughout the year in different forms but until this project I hadn't visualized his to do it. Then it occurred to me that I could be denting my humongous collection of word stickers if I spaced a whole bunch across this little photo holder I was creating for my cousin.
I'm really happy with the balance of the simple outside title, "My Boys," and then the wow! impact of the opening page.









 
On the inside I chalk inked some raw chipboard and added a few label stickers. I figure she can place a favorite photo of each boy alongside their initial.
 

Then of course she needed a card.
 

And of course you need to see this scrap able photo of my girls at the party, which had a farm theme and was held at Schultz farm out in Orting, WA.
Looking forward to some more fall fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment