Monday, February 10, 2014

Sketched Translation

Just thought I'd give you a glimpse into my creative process with a look at how I translate sketches into scrapbook pages. This page by Becky Higgins is more simple with colors and linear alignment than my style tends to be, but I was still able to use her layout as inspiration to create my Winter Wonderland Sledding, double page layout last weekend.


Just like Becky, I added a photo strip to the right and journaling on the right. There are a few other similarities, can you find them?


Turning to sketches for inspiration makes it even easier for me to capture the memories I want in my albums. Give it a try; the next time you're thumbing through a magazine, and pause to admire an article, advertisement, or other design, try incorporating some of those ideas into your own creation!


P.S. Do sentiment stickers count as letters?! Cause suddenly I'm not doing so well with my February product challenge :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment