Monday, June 8, 2015

Into the Great Wide Open

Pure entertainment...
One of my favorite outdoor activities has always been camping with my family. As a little girl, my parents would load up a van or camper and we'd all head to the Nisqually valley where we belonged to a camping club with property on Lost Lake. The thrill of going was never as good as the exhausted glow that would surround our vehicle as we pulled out for I-5 and the traffic blocked drive home.
Pure Water
This weekend we took the girls up to the beautiful Lake Cushman area for some hiking and even a bit of river washing. The crystal clear waters of the Olympic National Rainforest are so pristine, and I couldn't help but think to myself how lucky our kids are to witness this kind of glorious growth with their own eyes.  To be able to say, I climbed inside a tree trunk! -and have photographic proof thanks to mom lol.

Pure Joy
There aren't many places I've been that seem to hold the magic that this forest does- even the Twilight fans have to agree with me on that one! It was easy to picture wolves running amongst the undergrowth, but actually it was the "watch for bears" sign that had me peaking over my shoulder from time to time. Once, a thundering approach actually did nearly frighten the dickens out of me, but when the gruntngly hefty teenager ran past me, I was able to laugh off the close call with a need for new undies.
Sitting Pretty Betweeen Bundros
The best one can hope for in a shared camp space is for good company, and I think this picture says it best; "The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life."-Richard Bach.

Now, to see what I end up doing with all these amazing photos I took you'll want to subscribe to my YouTube CraftWithAnna channel. I'll have a neat mini album to share with you, using the pieces left over from the abundant June 2015 Scrapbooking kit from EmbellishKits.com . Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment