Saturday, October 13, 2018

On the Road Again

Goodbye, Puget Sound!

Spunky looking out at Lake Cour D'Alene

Leaving the Key Peninsula was even harder this time. After a gloriously relaxing summer amongst splendid garden offerring,  we enjoyed reunions with many of our loving friends and family . We spent some much needed time worship as a family. We had spats and struggles, to be sure, but with support systems a plenty, the loneliness I struggled with while we were traveling earlier this year abated. 
We were able to work-something that's incredibly fulfilling to us both. Our kids froliced on a darm, swinging from a lofted rope swing, letting catfish nibble their feet, and foraging for their snacks with a new forever friend.
I walked through twenty year old memories with my parents and shared those special spots with our children.  My best friends both devoted hours to chatting (solving all the problems of the world over good food and better coffee). 
There were many people and places we didn't visit, I'm sad about that. My grandmother continues to age and her memory comes and goes; I worry thst I'm missing out on time I can't get back with her. Will she remember me? My heart aches with love thinking of her.
I console myself with thoughts of the adventures yet to come. Of friends we have to make and family we have long wanted to spend time with.  And the knowledge that, wherever we may roam, we can always return "Home."

No comments:

Post a Comment