Friday, February 15, 2019

Hello Love


Between Ray and I, Valentine's is more of a one-sided affair- I provide the cards, hearts and flowers sentiments and he receives them amicable enough that I feel "special occassion" loved. I've always enjoyed making and sending cards. Valentine's Day in elementary school was always so anxiety ridden. Anticipating how my themed notes would be recieved and wondering if my mailbox made from a shoebox and paper top would sit in lonely emptiness or overflow with friendly rhymes from classmates. I'll never forget the year I recieved 9 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cards- from one boy! Yeah I felt pretty special that day. Even if I am the one to make the effort, sharing the love in red accents and morning - made poetry, I enjoy doing so enough that I don't really need reciprocal givings. The gift is for me is found in the moments of making, and I'm never upset about having a valid reason to create!
Hope you had a love-ly day as well <3


Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment