Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Dancing Days Are Here Again

Hand cut fries at the marina-
hand cut grass on my page!


Last summer my mom and I took the girls down the street to our local Marina for some bluegrass music and of course some dancing.
My mom was always dancing and singing around the house- well, anywhere, really- and that's one of the traits I've tried to exhibit myself! Sometimes my older daughter will say, mom, that's weird! And that's okay. I'm glad they see me being a little crazy and cutting loose now and again.
This layout came together really quickly. I really just layered up a handful of scraps from the page I had completed last and stuck my photo strip on top. The  picnic table die cut is fun- I actually like its super sized ratio to the photos. And my custom grass on the cooler has a little bling to it :-)
The theme of this page as I made it was "travel." All summer long I had hoped to go down for dancing and we just kept not getting around to it. Its only about 5 miles away, and we have to drive by it to actually go to town, so there wasn't any really good excuse not to have got there.
Check out Rellys challenge as she fills in over at Shimelle.com  Then go see my gal Lisa's incredible custom map layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment