Friday, May 1, 2015

Flashback: Got Washi?


This probably isn't the first post with this title found on CraftWithAnna.com, but it's still a phrase I quote to myself once a day (at least). I do hereby declare for all legal purposes possible that this is officially one of my catchphrases!
Washi tape, or decorative paper/masking tape, comes in  huge variety of different printed patterns and widths. It takes about ten minutes to adhere permanently paper, making it very versatile. It also sticks well to things like refrigerators and tee shirts!
Since debuting on the paper crafting market, I've managed to collect enough rolls that I use it as an extension of nearly every tool in my kit... it also means I've had to upgrade my storage container a few times!
Need to hold something in place on my desk or within a layout or on a card front? Want a small amount of pattern in just the right place with the least amount of effort? Just feel like running your hands through a box of it like it's treasure, maniacally shouting, "My Precious!" ?
Boom- Washi is there for you!
I hope this Friday's Flashback has you reaching for a roll of your favorite tape this weekend, and if you're looking to fill up your YouTube queue with lots of National Scrapbooking Day vid's, be sure you're subscribed to my CraftWithAnna channel.
I've got two new tutorial movies for you this weekend, the first can be found HERE and previews the May 2015 Card Kit from Shelby Dredge of EmbellishOnline.com. I love the way she puts exactly what I love about her class events; the current paper collections, large packs of embellishments, coordinating quality cardstocks etc. together and sends them out each month through EmbellishKits.com.
This month's pack of 8 cards would be perfect for any graduate or to show your appreciation for a more masculine individual in your life. I've found myself reflecting on all the fatherly lessons I've gleaned over the years from the men in my life... how to set up a Washingtonian themed camp, how to get the best deal in the flea market, how now matter the age, a man in love can act like the kid in his heart <3. Lot's of good stuff both in the kit and in the process!
Then tomorrow you can take a peek at what Shelby puts in her scrapbook layout kits- ever wondered at a layout with awe at how it just looks so darn awesome? That's pretty much what I think with every layout she's helped me create :-) I can't for tomorrow's National Scrapbooking Day festivities, and sharing the gorgeous layouts from the May kit. If you're not already a subscriber to this YouTube channel, I have new videos coming out about three times a month, and there is a link to the right on this blog, just look for the purple circle icons.
Thanks for stopping by, and I look forward to your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment