Sunday, May 3, 2015

NSD Indeed

Sometimes, a surprise is "in store..."
  I hadn't planned on being able to participate in any National Scrapbooking Day festivities, but I was pleasantly surprised when I stopped at Michael's on my way out of town to check my upcoming schedule and discovered I had three people signed up for my Beginner's Papercrafting class that day!

I was excited because the cards we would be learning to create were so fun to make. While I was waiting for class to begin I created my samples and an interested passerby decided to sign up on the spot too, what fun.

We didn't know the other three peeps would be no-shows! And we ended up sharing a delightful couple of hours getting to know each other (and the store's paper trimmer). My student's aura matched her shirt- bright, cheerful, full of pep and sunshine! Seriously, with that floral top she had on I wanted to transplant her into my garden of friends lol.

My favorite part of the class was how she kept picking up the first card she made- the one she's holding up above- and just couldn't seem to believe it had been made by her own hands lol. That's always a good feeling, when your creation gives back to you the same pleasure you had making it. I'm sure whomever she gifts it to will feel her genuine feel-good attitude emanating from within the envelope :-)

Speaking of feel-good, um, feelings, the auction I attended did fabulously! Through a significant matching donation, a record setting amount was raised for Etta's Projects. My friend Jen and I even "won" a women's weekend retreat at our local YMCA Camp! Along with some apple cider moonshine and a new ring, a couple Etta-tini's each... yep, our contributions both monetary and at the check-in table probably ensured us a place helping out next year...

Now, if it happens to fall on NSD again, I am bringing a little project with me to work on in my down time... probably end up costing less than pursuing the auction items lol.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment