Saturday, March 22, 2014

Last Call at Java and Clay

Tonight was incredible! I was really excited to be sharing with a friend the good- no, great- no, AWE-SOME news that the new owners of Copy and Mail It in downtown Gig Harbor is going to start selling my handmade cards! Right on, right!?

Anyway, I arranged to meet my girlfriend downtown at the El Pueblito, a local Mexican restaurant owned by the family of one of they boys we went to school with. I found my way to the bar, where a jam packed karaoke make out dance session was in progress. Feeling a little uneasy at the display of groping I was witnessing (who am I kidding, I was just jealous not being up on the mike), I walked up the street to one of my favorite hang outs, Java and Clay.
My family has celebrated Rainier's birthday there the last two years, and we are always greeted warmly, and made right at home at one of their well lit tables. Clean up is left to the associates who are also really friendly and keep us well beveraged.
First thing I saw when I walked in the door; beautiful works of art, wine glasses, and red velvet cake- Yum! The artists were gracious enough to allow me to photograph their works for you to see, and Kelly, the owner, expressed sincere interest in selling some of my nautical, Gig Harbor, coffee or tea drinking themed cards... yahoo!
After sharing these bits of excitement with my friends, I figured I'd better head home and make something before my head exploded from the ideas generating in there. Noticed the antique shop owner, Ken was still working so I stopped to inquire if he was interested in selling my more vintage, foofoo cards in his shop, and YES HE IS!
Wow, now I've been feverishly creating as many beautiful treasure cards as I can while still remaining vigilant in my child rearing... I even weeded one of our garden beds while the sun shone the last two days :-)
I feel even more confident that I'm on my way to fulfilling my craft diva superstar dreams!



No comments:

Post a Comment