Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Supersized Scrapbooking




I love scrapbooking supersized photos. They take up pretty much the entire page, and to me that makes it just that much easier to figure out background papers, and embellishment clusters.
In this Superbowl inspired layout, I used a black and white photo of my co-workers dressed up in their Seahawks gear on Blue Friday. I work Saturday mornings, so I printed this photo from an email and took it with me to demo scrapbooking during my Michael's shift. I'm sure my co workers didn't expect to be showing off their style in such a dramatic fashion!

I also uploaded this layout to my TwoPeas gallery, which you are welcome to peruse here.
Mixing up the fonts and using like embellishments really brings the focus to my title and groups of blings, which you'll notice fall in a visual triangle. These are tips I've learned since following one of my favorite scrappers, Shimelle. Check out her tips on scrapping your supersized photos here.
Now, there was a commercial airing close to the Big Game, with the catchphrase of, "its only crazy if it doesn't work." As in, whatever your crazy game day must do activity is, its only crazy if the team loses. Stinky socks, a certain bean dip, or perhaps, as in my case, Scrapbooking !
So no, it is not crazy because we did indeed win :-]

No comments:

Post a Comment