Friday, December 27, 2013

After Christmas Specials

The mad rushing of Christmas prepping is now over and yesterday I spent some time clearing off the leftovers. Not from the refrigerator- eating at grandmas eliminated any chances of goodies in our house! As the days flew past last week my desire to scrapbook was growing and growing (like my waistband) and it was mixed feelings of relief and sadness that I experienced about this page spread I made in November.
Relief because all I need now is to print a few photos and this awesome two page layout will be complete! I used my Embellish It! kit for the paper choices, dug into my stash of old metal rimmed tags and giant brads, washi tape, sequins and paper clips for the rest of my embellishments. The layout design itself was lifted from a CK feature.
I felt a bit sad though because I had intended to produce a process video to accompany the photo and release it on the day after Christmas. hahaha, the footage is all there but it may be NEXT Christmas when it all comes together?!
 I love making the process movies but sometimes I feel like I'm putting too much effort into them. Usually I feel this way towards the end of getting all the cropping, voice overs, and captioning put together and I finally head to the library with the finished file stowed on my Hello Kitty flash drive. All that time on the computer really gets in the way of my paper crafting!
Well, the feelings of relief at having my Christmas layout (with what ended up being the perfect title) all ready for pictures won out, my desk got cleaned off enough for me to feel comfortable starting something new, and I ended up creating one of my favorite pages of the entire year. You'll have to wait until the February edition of DieCutCrazy comes out to see it though!
 
Now, back to crafting something for Me! er, I mean for my family to enjoy for generations to come ...
Hoping the holiday buzz stays with you for a while longer, and has you creating something magical to store those good-time memories :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment