Sunday, July 6, 2014

: Embellish It Again!

Shelby Dredge is one of my favorite teachers, and last week I had the good fortune to enjoy a lovely chat with her on the phone. I was actually calling her company office to get her address, so imagine the surprise got, speaking with the object of my inquiry herself!
Shelby was one of my earliest sources of inspiration that has led to my style of scrapbooking today. The first time I took her class during a Creating Keepsakes Convention, my mind was blown! Now I sort of laugh at my reaction, but that's only because I've incorporated so many of her tips and tricks into my everyday creativities.
The EmbellishIt! scrapbook layout of the month kit club is fabulous, and I definitely recommend it to anyone in the market for such a treat delivered to their door. Beautifully coordinated papers from top shelf designers, and plenty of stickers, alphas, and even fibers to go along with her designs. In fact, there is so much included in each kit, you'll reach for it long after the double page spread you get instructions for has been completed. Even though this kit was a Valentine intended kit, I've used it for Winter/sledding, and here for some bright, sunshining outdoorsy fun too.

Now, since I love to use all my resources, I even included some of the Basic Grey packaging on my card front (fussy cut flower) and Yes, that is the manufacture's strip you see at the bottom of the card too :-) My bestie and I are cruising with Shelby next February to the Caribbean, so the little paper line title/phrase reading "Paradise Beach" had to be included! You'll be looking at your packaging differently now- see how I even used what was left for my photo mat --->

Even after I've made two double page layouts, this single layout, and a card with matching envelope liner, there are still lots of goodies to play with. Perhaps I should have titled this post, Embellish It again and again and again, cause that's what I'll be doing!

You can find more information about the cruise by clicking on the green, Cruise With Me! blinking badge on the right hand side of this blog, and see lot's of ready-to-make, shopping cart delights at www.EmbellishKits.com There is a card kit of the month club as well, so be sure to check that out too.
Thanks for stopping by today~
Anna



No comments:

Post a Comment