Thursday, July 10, 2014

Need Retail Therapy?

This weekend, the annual Scrapbook Expo is rolling into Puyallup, and I'll be working in the Paper Wizard booth with owner, Eric. He was kind enough to offer me a pass to the vendor fair as well! I've already got my budget of $20 used up with Queen & Co.'s offer of their latest trunk, free with a $15 purchase. I can't wait to treat myself to a fancy multi dimensional die from the Paper Wizard too. Of course, I'll show it off here!
I've been working on getting some Artist's Trading Cards prepared to hand out to new friends I meet. I've done this in the past and it's awesome, because you're meeting all these crafty people, and it's like I just want to make something for everyone of them. But that's somewhat realistic, I mean unrealistic, so instead I hand them a card with artsy stuff all over it and my blog address. It's funny to because sometimes, I go to give them the first card I pull and it's like, oooh not that one for you :-) How about this not so fancy keepsake? lol of course I don't say that outloud!
Speaking of show off, have you caught my latest Card Share video on YouTube?

/
All of the cards in this video are available (as mentioned) in the Gig Harbor Copy It Mail It.  It's been a great experience, so far, working with the owners and getting my cards into customer hands. I love hearing- or let's face it, just imagining- stories of someone finding Just the Wright Card. Or Write Card! It's always been the best part of creating cards to me. Picturing the recipient's reaction and hoping it makes their day special.
So at the beginning of the year I told myself that I really need to be in better contact with my friends. So far I haven't done as well as I'd like, but there is always room for improvement, right? Last week I sent two cards out to old school mates, one whose mom I now work with, and one whose mom I see shopping at Michaels frequently. I'm good with the moms I guess (right DF). Embellishing the outside of the envelope is going to be what I call my embellishment of the month for my product challenge I issued (myself) at the beginning of the year as well. Whether it's with stamping, or just doodling on the outside, anything that can snazz it up some will be attempted.
The fabric in the background here and in the movie is actually a placemat that my Aunt Trisha made. One of her quirks was that she only ever made three placemats... since it was only herself, husband, and only son. And since I inherited a few of her sets, I think of this often and laugh. We all have our eccentricities. Like for instance, I aspire to be a YouTube-star-craft-diva-extraordinare go figure!
If you want to send a card you've made yourself, consider attending my next Mason Jar Card class at Michael's July 27th from 2-4 pm. The stamp we're using is so versatile and will go perfectly with whatever paper you bring (or don't bring) to class. Trust me, you'll love what you make.



So when's the last time you had a "happy mail day" and received something other than the usual? How are you doing on your quota of Retail Therapy? Head up to the Scrapbook Expo this weekend and stop by the Paper Wizard booth- I promise I'll have something free for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment