Sunday, June 23, 2013

15,16,17...

It turns out days go by a lot faster when there is a deadline involved! Although, "deadline" isn't a very inspiring word, is it? We need a craft-astic replacement noun!
Anyway, here are my fifteenth, sixteenth, and seventeenth layout of the month. Remember, I have challenged myself to complete 30 layouts in the 30 days of June. So far I feel extremely confident in my ability to succeed.
My local scrapbook store just closed (I'm Toadilly unhappy!) I was in one last time yesterday afternoon and managed to collect even more products. As if I "needed" more. But you know, I did!
Extreme crafting at it's best ensued as soon as I got home. Fortunately my youngest daughter slept for almost two hours, allowing me to use my bargain priced Hambly's screen printed doily transparency. Below that was a Jade colored echo park dot's and stripes sheet. Where the two joined together I ran a tiny strip of red and blue by graphic45. Since it is a transparency, whatever I put on the first side would also need to be translated to the reverse. At least the way I wanted to use it!
In the first picture you can see the third picture behind it, just as you would in my album. I didn't think of that when I started the first layout though. Well, I think I did, but once I was in the whirlwind I promptly forgot to think back on it! I find that it is a lot easier not to second-guess since I don't want to 'waste time' over embellishment or paper decisions.
You may have noticed that these pages do not include any bling. I did however create some small dots of Real Red Mr. Huey's ink also picked up yesterday. I drew the flowers on with a free pen I got from the Scrappy Stamper, then sprayed a bit of mist into it's cap, dipped in small paintbrush, and voila!
 Second layout. This time I used washi tape to seal the seam between the transparency and paper. On both sides I punched Hearts of various sizes; Close To My Heart's Tommy for the loosely nautical themed first layout. A couple 4x6 cards by We R Memory Keepers went on either side of that adorable photo of Sunday in her first bathing suit. You can see that process on video someday.
This moning Rainier helped me pull out of the Simple Stories bag and we were finished with the 17th layout of the month.
And from between her going to lay down for a nap and Sunday waking up from hers, I made this
So yes, I can see myself meeting my 30 day layout goal!
Next!

No comments:

Post a Comment