Monday, August 19, 2013

Creative Catch Up

First I started with my colors, Rainier helped me pick these patterns after watching the latest episode of Glitter Girl's Adventures. I started following her example but somehow my first patterned strip ended up on its side and collected everything on top of itself!
Adding in these Heidi Swapp journaling cards and some banner pieces  and I thought I was done. When I showed my honey the end result he suggested I use different photos, and I love how these three 4x4 shots of the girls riding together in a shopping cart for the first time goes better with the Oh Happy Day title I found in my cut-ups bin.
 Later in the day I decided pie was needed...
And finally these four cards developed from the scraps on my desk. I was playing some serious catch-up with my creativity being at a low after a week of summer fun with my family. My mom came over and helped me Saturday night and most of the day Sunday, though, so of course she needed a card. I saw Jen Gallagher tie a ribbon around her frame, had to try that. I took some process photos of the Home/Comfort card for DieCutCrazy, and then painted one of my last wood veneer pieces from a four pack I bought at Michaels last week by K&Company.. The card with the scalloped banner was from a mini gelato tutorial I posted on Instagram
 
  Whew! I feel on top of my craft space now!

No comments:

Post a Comment