Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Dream Fulfilled!

Last Saturday I had the resource room of the Key Center library booked for a Beginners Scrap booking class from 2:30-5:00. I was so nervous but I had a "script" reminding me of the five simple steps I had come up with to build a page, so that gave me something to hold onto at first and also kept me on track during my presentations.
 Five people came to class, and only two of them were family, Haha. It was a free class and I supplied everything but the photos, which I advertised should be brought by participants.
First we talked about the reasons that we don't get to scrapbook or what holds us back. Some of the comments were about not having enough time, space, or energy to commit towards this activity, while other comments were more in the, "I have no idea how to do it" category :-) The way I desingned the steps encouraged creativity and adaptability within an easy to follow structure. Everyone in the class was able to complete a one page 12x12" layout to take home -even me! (See bottom left in the photo) AND we were all cleaned up by five o'clock so the timing was perfect too.
One of the best highlights of the class was watching my mom help my grandma build her first page. She scrap booked a photo of our North Catalonia home and journaled about her hopes of coming to see us there. I know that I will always cherish this page amongst those in my many albums, as well as the memory of how my very thoughtful mother provided the photo and coached Grandma  into confidently building her layout.
Teaching this class, and having it go successfully (the participants said they enjoyed it) was the fulfillment of a dream I did not imagine having a year ago... which just goes to show, anything is possible in this amazing gift that is our life!
 My weekend ended with another Awesome treat; I received email from Die Cut Crazy, a digital magazine for apple IPad and IPhone users, letting me know that the August edition is available and features me in their Blogger Spotlight! Wow, what a craft high I'm riding! So of course I channeled that energy into making another movie and also another page. They'll both be up in the next few days, so stop back by!
Here below are some candid shots of my class and their finished pages, I'm just as proud of them all as if I had made them myself. Thanks for reading along today!
-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment