Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Frill Ride

I have this huge assortment of ribbons and other fibers that I'm never using on my layout, so I attempted a fuzzy border on this photo of Rainier rock in out in the living room earlier this year. My dad Ed sent her the horse for Christmas, all the way from his house in New Jersey, so I get a real warm and fuzzy feeling inside when I see her on it!

While we were at the Scrapbook Expo earlier this month I picked up some Studio Calico wood veneer pieces (finally) and so after inking them a bit, I had to add those to my layout, as well as the piece of paper I was testing my new wood parquet stencil on, part of a 12x12" sheet out of the Indie Chic collection, and a bit of the paper tapes we picked up too. All perfectly justifiable purchases since I used them right away :-)

I couldn't come up with a title on my own, so I asked for help from Ray. He suggested, "Thrill Ride." I asked him, did you look at any of the girly stuff on the page?! Ha, ha, I played off his title ~and my observation on his lack of observation~ and came up with "frill ride." I love it!

Rainier really is about the sweetest soul I have ever encountered; these small phrase stickers echo my heart's sentiment perfectly!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment