Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Hello, Baby! Feeling Lucky?


EmbellishKits.com Feb '15 Card Kit Review
EmbellishKits.com February 2015 Card Kit Review and CraftWithAnna Tutorial
Greetings Crafters!
What a whirlwind of craftivity I've been in since returning from my vacation/research trip onboard Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas. In case you hadn't been following along, I went for a one week cruise with my best friend at the end of February. We each paid a little extra through our travel agents, Gail and Cheri over at CruiseOne to have crop space in the conference room onboard with one of our favorite teachers from Creating Keepsakes Conventions of the past, Shelby Dredge of Embellish It!  
You may remember, I had the opportunity to interview Shelby for the August edition of DieCutCrazy, a digital magazine whose back issues are now available free through the Apple store. As many classes as I have taken from her and cool tricks I have learned over the years, I was thrilled to spend a week with the other 90 or so crafters who enjoy her projects as well. So many beautiful memories, and even better, terrific relationships formed with my fellow cruisers.
I'm beyond excited to announce that each month, I'll be showcasing the new kits offered from EmbellishKits.com. There are many hot products included in each release, and I'll be sure to include a quick tutorial, as well as showing my finished projects and even a few bonus creations made from the leftover supplies (there are always a lot of those). 
You'll want to head over to my YouTube channel and click the subscribe button (if you haven't already)- now you'll have my latest videos posted directly to your watch feed!


Below are the 8 cards I completed from the contents of the EmbellishKits.com February 2015 Card Kit. Each of their kits contain complete cutting and assembly instructions, those gorgeous quality papers we love, embellishments, and all the cardstock bases and custom envelopes to inspire you to create card collections that you will love to give away. Heck, sometimes I even put mine in a little frame on the mantel for a while... so go ahead and show off: you certainly have my permission!

#1 "Baby Love," and #5 "You & Me Baby"

The best part about the kits for me, aside from all that delicious product, is that the complete instructions for each card are included with full color detail pictures, so I can hop around from card to card completing them as the desire strikes me. Knowing that some of my cards will end up in the shop for sale, I was able to change the designs by simply alternating the patterns or elements- super easy!

First off, let me show you my versions of the large, 5x7 card, number One, "Baby Love," and the 6x6 "You & Me Baby" card with the blue Bazzill base. While many of the same suggested elements appear, you'll notice I added a few more chipboard pieces and fussy cut images to my little hearts desire.
#2 "Hello Baby"

Next up is my this darling little elephant saying, "Hello Baby." Again, by simply choosing an alternate 3x4 card from the kit and that chipboard friend, my card takes on a new look that was so simple, I can't wait to duplicate it!

Now, we all know how fast babies grow. One moment they are a twinkle in our eye and the next thing you know they are thier own person! No matter what stage of life, we care for them with "Love Beyond Measure," which is the theme of card number three in this kit. See how I changed the design from landscape to portrait? And that I used a smaller chipboard heart, and turned the stick pin on it's side. The addition of another fussy cut pennant added to the expressed sentiment and brought in some of that lovely pastel turquoise. The adhesive backed satin scallop trim can be used as a whimsical banner, and home for another enamel dot. Bling bling, baby!



#4 "Baby" Banner

Speaking of banners, don't you just love when the paper does all the work for you? The six by six papers included with this kit make mixing and matching all these patterns a breeze. For this card, I actually just used the piece I had cut for the bottom; one piece of paper, two patterns= one crafty masterpiece! Whoa, that was a little to close to doing math for me to feel comfortable haha.



Something I had no trouble with? Reaching into my seldom used stash of baby themed embellishments to add a little more flair to the bottom of the card. This would have been the perfect place to add a sentiment sticker or even Baby's name! Shelby's idea of wrapping a bit of the included baker's twine and layering the chipboard flower elements is one of the reason's I've always enjoyed her classes... sure, it's a simple trick, but it's one I'll actually remember!

#6 "Love You To the Moon"
& #7 "Hello Baby W/Duck"
 Now for two of my favorite cards in this collection, #6 "Love You To the Moon," and #7, "Hello Baby w/Duck." Aren't they precious?

Again, you can see that I've taken a few liberties with the designs. A few placement differences on our Moon card simply bring the focus to one side and saved me a little fussy cutting. Between elmental-color-matching ruler patterned strips cut from a six by six piece, my little Duck is smelling the tulips atop a distress ink watercolor background.

That's another valuable, unadvertised element included in these kits; they are packed full of Inspiration! Do you identify with a go-with-what-feels-good craft-itude, or are you more apt to read and re-read directions before committing to the cut? No matter your style, you'll be making something... BONUS!



Leftover's Galore!

Created this before I even got off the ship :-)
Let's jump ahead to my bonus projects for this kit! Remember how I mentioned the scores of left over's there would be after this collection's completion? As you can see, I've got lot's more patterned papers to play with, plenty of enamel dots, and some large chipboard elements that will be great for more card making, or even ...some scrapbooking!

Time for the Bonus Round
This simple card used a few fussy cut pieces from the six by six pad, including a little of that ruler print I adore. Shelby's trick for tying a bit of ribbon around the flag is mimiced by knotting what's left of the grey polka dot grosgrain and using a glue dot instead of tying it. Wow, that was easy!

Last but not least by any means, is our featured card for this month's video preview, "Expecting You." Created in a matter of moments, little details like the organza ribbon around the chipboard flag make this a wow card big enough for multiple signatures inside. Can we say, office party (or baby shower, or just big handwriting lol)?

Thanks again for stopping by and playing with me today!
You can preview February 2015 Card kit from EmbellishOnline in the video below. Shopping for your must-have card kit is easy and only a click away at EmbellishKits.com.
  


And just in case you missed the linked picture at the top of the post-


No comments:

Post a Comment