Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Convention Registration is Open!

This fact may not be enough to get your blood racing as a flurry of creative ideas race through your mind, but for me, this announcement comes at the near end of almost a year of waiting! Well, the convention is in November. So I haven't been waiting THAT long I guess, but it's something I look forward to each year beginning the day it ends.
Every year my Dear Friend and I head up to Bellevue to enjoy shopping, classes, and a ton of fun together. There are tons of vendors loaded with products and a lot of the booths have make-and-takes too. The variety of classes offered ensure there is something to be learned by everybody. I love the SEI and Embellish It! classes because they are fast paced and match my style, plus I love the goodies we get to play with. I've already been looking over the class list and it looks like Creating Keepsakes has some new classes I'm interested in. I also saw one featuring October Afternoon, one of my favorite designers.
Last year, we tried something new that will definitely be repeated; Volunteering! What a great way to be exposed to the class information, while sharing the demos and helping participants too. I personally pretend I am Vanna White :-)
My girlfriend and I wake up bright and early Friday morning, and, armed with an extra large coffee, we drive up, giggling with excitement the entire way. The last couple of years we've stayed overnight up at the Hilton, so the trunk of my car is filled to the brim with our scrappy supplies for the cropping we do at night with all our new stuff. As soon as we park the car, we look at each other and she always asks, "Are. You. Ready?"

Oh, Yes.... I am!  Maybe I should break out the blue sequined dress for my volunteering roles?! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment