Monday, July 8, 2013

Garden of Plenty

There is a certain simple beauty in this photo that a year later compels me to scrap it... the late afternoon sun casting shadows of the tomato plants across Rainiers face and the warmth reflected in the ripening fruits causes a reflective pause when I flip past it in my (non-scrapped-photos) album.
 
Do you remember your early experiences with gardening? I do, and what I remember most is the endless weed pulling! But then there is all the fun of harvesting to look forward to -after chasing all the slugs away!
I based my layout on a sketch from shimelle.com using sun rays. Its my first time doing this type of cut apart at the top of my layout and I'm really pleased with it. That seemed to be what a lot of the sketch-submitters were saying too :-)
  I used CTMH's Tommy papers mixed with Simple Stories. Same for the embellishments with a splash of Authentique and Fancy Pants too. The sticks holding my canvas pinwheels came from our shish-kabob skewer stash!
I'm glad the picture I chose to work with is from last year, that way I can do it again in my this year's album and it won't be too repetitious. This year we are already getting peas, summer squash, blackberries of course, and yes the tomatoes are growing. Looking forward to some potatoes, Zucchini, and Spaghetti squash, beans, carrots, leeks, lettuce and a log of weeds too I'm guessing. A bountiful harvest in our back yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment