Monday, July 29, 2013

While Moms Away, She's Gonna Play!


Every summer, my friend Angela invites us (adult) girls up to her family's cabin outside of Shelton. This year it was my and Marilyn staying overnight with her and I managed to fill in some of the time making some scrapbook pages- what a surprise!
I keep a to-go package of papers and some old photos that I can grab on a whim. I'll need to add some more photos though, because I used quite a few of them this weekend. Included were these darling pictures of Rainier that were taken when she was between three and six months old. The one of her in the striped shirt looks so much like Sunday! A new technique I tried on this layout, I used my new EK Success Scalloped border punch to cut from  the same patterned paper for a dimensional but very subtle look. Using pop-dots helped to bring some more attention to that detail. And then underneath I put the title and another photo.


Then it was a trip even farther back in the past to scrap some photos from when my mom first met and started dating her husband Peter. That is the look of love in their eyes! It also looks like it was a really nice summer! Some scraps made the layouts really easy to put together and I', happy with the way they turned out, even if they are a bit simple. I figured I could always add more bling to them if I felt they needed it in the future.



 


 Then it was time to use what was left on my desk to create these four cards. That's a great way to avoid cleaning up! Plus I knew all the papers would go together since they were pulled from coordinated paper packs.
  My sister Ruby came out to see us the summer after Rainie was born and we took her to Ruby beach. These photos show her wonder at playing in the sand for the first time at the Pacific Ocean. Using paper packs is a really easy way to get a cohesive look when you're scrapping a series of photos like this beach trip that spans more than one page.


 I even managed to get Marilyn to make a few pages for her recent trip to Punta Cana! She did a great job for it being very late at night when she made them!



 


Oh and did I mention that I lost my glasses upon jumping into the lake immedieatly upon my arrival?! So despite our best efforts to look for them, all of these pages were made "blind."

What a fun weekend filled with memories :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment